Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Writing N Stuff

What is the point of me writing this blog?  I'm actually not 100% clear on why, but I'm going to try and figure it out over the next few minutes.  Let's see.

  The obvious reason to me of why I am writing this blog is to entertain my friends and family while I am on my Offensive Vacation. :)  Ideally, it would be cool to get an audience to follow me over time so they can see my adventures in van living and so maybe I could put some ad's up and develop an income, but that's mostly just a pipe dream at this point.  Maybe if I'm able to really bring people into my experiences I can gain popularity and develop a cult following, but that would be something that wouldn't happen until way off in the future.

Why else?  Well.......I guess it's helping me with my writing skills.  I was never that into English class, but over the past few years I've learned to write pretty decently (or type in this case). Whenever, I've got a lot on my mind it's always nice to record my thoughts and feelings down onto something more permanent than my mind.  It always brings me joy whenever I look at something I wrote along time ago because I can see how I've changed and how I haven't.  Sometimes I'll read about something that happened to me that I've completely forgot about and rereading its jogs my memory and makes me have an intense and enjoyable reminiscing session.

Plus it's just a good idea to practice writing.  I think it not only helps with my expression on paper, but it helps to organize my thoughts so that I can even speak more clearly and in an organized manner.

Writing is a lot like talking.  If you don't do it for awhile, then your skills will start to rust around the edges.  When I write on my blog it's like I'm sanding down the rust on my skills and repainting them so they can last longer.  Even while writing this post I can tell that my skills are being dusted off like an old album player in someones attic.  And now that I've been typing for a few minutes, I am starting to finally get into the swing of things.  When I first started writing I was going slow and my mind was having trouble trying to figure out what to put down.  But NOW, my finger are going so fast I feel like I have the fingers of one of those morse code guys, who would send out distress signals during the civil war.

So I guess the reason I'm making a blog is because when I really get into the swing of typing my mind onto the computer screen it actually becomes enjoyable to me.  My goal here is to bring at least a part of the joy that I am feeling to my audience, whoever they may be.



No comments:

Post a Comment