Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I'm getting my van shit together

I've got about a month and a half left before I leave on my trip and I'm starting to stockpile on the items I'm going to need while on the road.  I just got my super long lasting rechargeable batteries in the mail yesterday along with the super awesome battery charger.  These will help me get to most out of the various electronics I have.  Like flashlights, cameras....and a few other things.  I wish I could get my computer to run off of rechargeable double A and Triple A batteries because my laptop battery only lasts like 10 mins before the stupid thing loses power.  I know I have to either fix it or buy a completely new battery for it because there is no way I'll be able to use my computer for any length of time unless its plugged into something.  And from what I've found with the little bit of research I've done is that those batteries are fuckin' expensive.  FML

Anyways, my van is being worked on right now so that I don't just all of a sudden break down one day while i'm in the middle of some isolated forest. Also the cig lighter is being fixed so I can plug in an adapter and charge my various things that need charging.  And last but not least my window is being fixed so I'll be able to roll it up and down so I can tell the fast food voice box "Yes I do, in fact, want fries with that".

It's starting to feel real now.  Like I'm actually going to do this.  I'm actually going to drive all the way to western Canada wile living in a van for a year at minimum. All these thoughts are sinking in now and as the amount of days between now and my departure date keep shrinking, my feelings of excitement are growing.  Just today I was thinking about how little time I actually have to prepare and I started to feel a little overwhelmed.  It wasn't that bad though because right along with the feeling of being overwhelmed was the feeling that I'll actually be on the road in no time at all.  I thought about how long ago 1 and half months seemed which would have been at the beginning of February this year and that seems just like a few days, so logically the time I leave should feel like it's going to be in just a few days.

It's hard to believe that I had just came up with idea last summer and at first it wasn't a real plan. It was just this cool pipe dream I would think about whenever I was bored and I started to daydream. But now those days are over.  I've got the van, I've spent a lot of time and money on this project and I'm finally accumulating all the stuff I'll need for the trip.  It's went from a dream to a reality.  And when I finally drive down the road to exit my neighborhood with my fully prepared, fully stocked van, I can't even imagine how it will feel.


No comments:

Post a Comment